Monday, March 11, 2013

My First Quilt Show!!

So my mom came down this weekend and we went to the Bloomington Quilt Show. The reason for going was that I had a quilt that I submitted to be judged. This was also my first time to Bloomington. It is definitely a college town!
As we were driving thru downtown, we noticed that the trees looked a little strange...




Someone told us that this is called yarn-bombing. The trees seem to represent the different shops that surround the center of the city. They really seem to brighten up the town.

This was also painted on the side of a building. Not sure what it represents but it looked cool.


The show was amazing!! I can't imagine all the hours of work that have gone into some of these quilts. 

This one was the big winner!!


It was even more amazing in person. The colors just popped!!

Here are a couple fun ones!



This Lady of the Lake is beautiful and I love the quote!



This one is where you take a piece of fabric- light in color and quilt it with vibrant colors. It looks like piecing but is amazing work!


This Patriotic one looks amazing from the front or back!


These other ones are just pretty to look at!







This one is a great kids blanket. It includes a list of things to find!

This last one is inspired by and features "Sister for Sale" by Shel Silverstein.


Here is my quilt....

Here is a picture of people admiring my quilt at the show...

I didn't win anything but it was definitely worth the experience. I had a blast and can't wait to go to my next one!!

~K

No comments:

Post a Comment