Monday, January 6, 2014

Yes, I am still around! (Just barely!!)

Happy New Year!!

I know it's a few days too late but things are just now getting mildly back to normal.....as normal as it can be with temps well below zero and a couple feet of snow on the ground which equals no work or school for a couple of extra days!

Since my last posting.....sometime last year....we have gotten all moved in, painted, had one side of family out for Turkey day, got a puppy, had other side of family out for Christmas, went to Ohio to celebrate holidays here, and came back home! Makes me tired just thinking about it!

I finished my first project of the year. My friend Lindsay Connor wrote an amazing book about making quilts in a sewing bee. 



In honor of the book, she put together a Quilt A Long for one of the quilts in the book- Mosaic Tiles. I volunteered to join in and instead of using the blocks for a quilt, I made a bag! (Shocker I know!) And it couldn't be just any old bag, it had to be one by my other pal Sara Lawson! The Aeroplane Bag to be precise!


So anyways, I finished it today...can't show pictures yet but I will share the fabric I used....


Bluebird Park by Moda! How can you resist Hedgehogs and Squirrels??


So grab a link and join in- or just stop by to see what everyone else has made- and check me out on the 15th to see how the bag turned out!!


Mosaic Tiles Quilt Along

Take care and stay warm!!

~Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment