Friday, September 19, 2014

My Butterfly Quilt

So in June of 2013 I had finally chosen and ordered the fabrics that I needed to make Tula's Butterfly Quilt. My pals over at The Fat Quarter Shop had all the Kona solids that I needed to make my beauty. It is based on this picture of this moth. 

The pattern (of course) was very detailed and long. I bought 2 bags of snack size Ziploc bags and used these to keep it all organized as I cut all the pieces. Lots of tiny, tiny,

Here's the stop by step progression on my design wall....

I finished the right half and then had to put things on hold as I needed the wall for some other projects. I finally finished the left side and got it all sewn together!

This is definitely not a pattern that is quickly finished in a weekend (even for me!) I plan on using the leftover fabric to make a cocoon to use for the backing....with front and back quilted individually and then put together with an outline of the butterfly and the cocoon to fuse them together. Maybe someday it will be completely done. 
Have a safe and happy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment