Monday, July 29, 2013

It's Been A Rough Couple of Weeks!

This time I am 3 weeks late and I do apologize. 2 weeks tomorrow I was awakened by a phone call letting us know that my Grandma had passed away early in the morning. We knew that she was slowly going downhill but to have it actually happen was still devastating. Growing up I had 2 wonderful Grandmas- and was very lucky to have them. One was the no-nonsense, older farm working one and the other was the fun, loving acts like her grand kids one. The latter is the one that passed away.

I remember staying at her place when she babysat us. She was the reason I could read before pre-K. As we got older, the stories she would tell us are inappropriate for putting on here but will always be remembered. It was a rough week but it was good to spend time with the family, even if it was for a sad reason. 

Needless to say, I needed some no-thinking sewing to work on, so I got ahead on my blocks and finished cutting them all out.


So here are the blocks to bring me up-to-date.

This is #22

 #23
 #24
 #25
 #26
 #27
 #28
 #29
 #30

I also finished a top and took it off my design wall (which I can't show yet) and started putting my blocks up.

I came up with my own design for the quilt and an separating them between the colors- orange, grey, pink, and yellows. Can't show the design yet but I am excited for it. It WILL be big though!

I also found this awesome tutorial and tried it out. 



Not sure what I will be using this for but it's kind of fun to sit and do- which is surprising for me since I don't normally like to hand sew. 

This past weekend we went back home to celebrate by other Grandma's 94th birthday. We even celebrated with 94 donut holes!!


And we solved the long pressing question of how to keep a basset's ears out of the water when he drinks and how to make sure he doesn't step on them!!


Poor little guy!!

Take care and have a nice cool week!!

~K

1 comment:

  1. Sending you some cyber love....so sorry about your loss.

    ReplyDelete